Submit an article to be featured on the blog to info@pilatesbarre.com.

What's your favorite apparatus?

Monday, April 28, 2008

they love me....they love me not

When a client first comes into the studio they usually will ask if they should work with only one trainer or if they can go to several different trainers. I always let the client do what works best for them. Here are some of the pros and cons to this question.

1. The advantage to working with several different trainers is that you can always learn something new and exciting from various teaching styles.

2. Working with more trainers will allow more flexible in scheduling appointments.

3. Sometimes a specific trainer with a certain background can give you extra insight to achieve your goals. If you have certain physical limitations, a trainer with a physical therapy background can be helpful.

4. Some clients enjoy a specific type of workout and prefer to stay with one trainer. I know that my clients enjoy a challenging yet positive workout. Some clients enjoy a less aggressive approach.

5. If you are looking to switch to another trainer, it is best to continue working with your usual trainer and with the new one to make sure that you will be satisfied with your switch.

The bottom line is that you should always be happy with the progress you are making. I always make it a point to ask my clients once in awhile if they are satisfied with their workouts then I will know if my job as a trainer is being fulfilled. Again, honesty counts!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I have recently launched the first website for Pilates professionals in Spain. It's called www.FuentePilates.com
    Hope you or your Spanish friends enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pilate Guru, it's all about team work and positive approach, hey I like your attitude man;-)-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I, too, think it is important to share information. Sorry it is only in Spanish :-)

    ReplyDelete